Skip to main content

Developing New Idea's

Paperlitho New Idea's.




Having become fascinated with paperlitho, and somehow managing to get a reasonably good transfer of an image. I want to investigate this within my practice to see where it would fit. I still need to perfect the technique, sometimes I have far too much water on the paper, soaking it up with a sponge and cotton buds work well but I like that grainy edge a blur between the print and paper. Experimentation on seeing how I could add stitch or collagraph to the pieces is my next stage, I think if I do this the paperlitho needs to have more space enabling areas to be exploited. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journey and Bookmaking

Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this, it hard slog and some weeks and days you get nowhere, rejection is the worst and because of that I have spent along time not over exposing myself . However that really doesn't work. This little book is a combination of my journey, back and forward, finding a solution, working out the best way which is carry on making, working, experimenting and let people enjoy.       

Teabags and Collage

After my last post I thought about an exercise I could do daily to try and unstick myself from the attitude of not wanting to take my work to the next stage by collage. I decided to do a daily teabag collage  now I know the teabags aren't a huge surface area but its more about cutting, tearing , sticking and regrouping my work . If I stick at it , I could turn my collages into a handmade book as a reference to what worked and what didn't,  as I become more confident I could increase the size .

Mapping the forgotten

Mapping the Forgotten I wanted to look at my practice further, I was feeling as bit lost on where to go and what to do , I felt that by just using stitch I was hemming myself in , expression and development was hard. I came across  www.fibreartstaketwo.com  a course by  www.sallytyrie.com  seemed to fit the brief in my mind so I joined and what a great decision that was. It was the most amazing experience, I have met so many like minded artists and was blown away with the amount of talented people on the course. I wanted to continue with my passion of social history. Please have a look at the amazing work  exhibition.fibreartstaketwo.com/books/lcvj