I was trying to imagine the turmoil and thought of separation the women who left their children at The Foundling hospital felt. The stain of leaving a child would be bad enough , however it was to enable the Mother to try and restart her life , often I believe with the intention of re claiming her child, though this rarely happened , often death came first. The process of print on paper using vintage sleeves as a means of communication between mother and child , as you can see stains are beginning to appear on two of the sleeves, the response to the stigma of having to leave your child, tiny little threads at the top of the sleeve are the threads of connection.
Mapping the Forgotten I wanted to look at my practice further, I was feeling as bit lost on where to go and what to do , I felt that by just using stitch I was hemming myself in , expression and development was hard. I came across www.fibreartstaketwo.com a course by www.sallytyrie.com seemed to fit the brief in my mind so I joined and what a great decision that was. It was the most amazing experience, I have met so many like minded artists and was blown away with the amount of talented people on the course. I wanted to continue with my passion of social history. Please have a look at the amazing work exhibition.fibreartstaketwo.com/books/lcvj

Comments
Post a Comment